Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Celine Dion Breaks Down In Las Vegas During Late Husband Rene Angelil Tribute


On Tuesday, Celine Dion returned to the Colosseum stage for the first time since losing her husband René Angélil to cancer last month.
The My Heart Will Go On singer announced she would live stream the first portion of her residency show as she had planned a beautiful tribute for her late husband. Sniff!
Let us just start by saying that Miz Dion was the epitome of grace in her emotionally charged performance!
The memorial show opened with a series of sweet pictures and clips from René's life. Not surprisingly, the 47-year-old was met with a standing ovation as she performed With One More Look At You/Watch Closely Now.
Although, it seems that the music legend was overcome by the outpouring of support as she tearfully explained:
"Thank you, I did rehearse this song in my closet and it went way better than that. Through my life, I only had highs from my husband who sat out here night after night. People thought that I was looking at him actually, but I didn't need to because every time I close my eyes I felt René on stage with me whether he was seated in his seat right there, in the balcony, backstage, or at home with the kids. He's always been on stage with me. And nothing will ever change that."
We're not crying, you're crying. The superstar proved the (above) sentiments to be true as she took to Instagram earlier in the evening to show how René's presence is still with her backstage.