Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Nigerian man buys coffin and celebrates his own funeral while still alive


Wetin pesin no go see.

A 73-year old Nigerian man, Clement Usoro, decided to build his grave and celebrate his own funeral while still alive.

In an interview with BBC Pidgin, tha man said he made the necessary preparations for his death three years ago when he marked his 70th birthday.
The septuagenarian said he has also written his will but he keeps updating it to "keep up with time"

"I have written my will and will continuosly update it to keep with time. I have built my grave. it is a 9 by 9 feet deep grave. i have also built a mausoleum around it. 

' My friend went with me to the coffin site to see the one that i liked. He decided to buy for me. As somebody who is a chief, there are things you have to do before you die or they do after you die" he said.
Chief Usoro has also paid the necessary rites to his co-chiefs by giving cow so that his children will know what to worry about after his death.
He also said he does not want his family to do a ceremony after his demise, adding that a party to celebrate his death is a waste of money and time.